Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Yet do I fear thy nature

Buzz Saw's comment on Akubi's post (Seal Hunt Starts in Less than 3 Days) was:
I don't see how anyone could kill such a cute, defenseless, and pitiful looking animal. Such sad eyes.

This affected me deeply. In a bad way. Because I find it quite easy to believe that a human being could kill, would kill "such a cute, defenseless, and pitiful looking animal". Without remorse, even. Some might see it as a job. Some might feel a dark thrill.

It's a sickening thought. Extremely disturbing. And my greatest fear.

This is all not good, very bad, absolutely horrible timing.

1 comment:

Akubi said...

Yes, it is really disturbing.
I'm also bothered that Canada's quota of 275,000 fails to factor in the effects of climate change on the population - not to mention all the pups that are injured and die horrible deaths yet are not landed catches.