Saturday, March 15, 2008

Script Frenzy

I have decided to join the frenzy: Script Frenzy, that is.

Who? Me
What? 100 pages of script.
When? April 1 - April 30
Where? wherever I can write
Why? because I have this great plot that I had ready for last year's Script Frenzy, but I never got around to writing it out
How? uh... somehow.

What this means for me is that, before 4/1, I need to wrap up my other side projects, and maybe even get ahead in work (hah! as if! at least I've managed to catch up on work...). Between now and 4/1, I have training, possibly relatives visiting next weekend, and me going on vacation for a week. So I really need to wrap up my art project quickly (it's not technically "due" until July, but I don't want to lose momentum) and keep my focus during work. I managed to get quite a bit done on my art project today, so if I can keep that pace tomorrow, I should be able to wrap it up next weekend; I've only been working on it during weekends because I like doing it in natural light (artificial light creates this nasty glare that makes it hard to work in).

I'm excited! I think the story I have in mind is going to be good. I'm a little worried because I can only envision the beginning and end scenes very clearly, and I'm not entirely certain what's going to happen in the middle. I don't really want to make it super-complex, especially since this is my first screenplay, but I guess I will be throwing in a few more secondary characters than I currently anticipate. They have been forming in the back of my mind while I concentrate on my other tasks. How useful.

No comments: